Have you experienced an accidental long-term disability? Does your doctor tell you that you can’t resume your job and that your disability is likely to last indefinitely? Are specialized care and medical bills throwing your financial budget off the course? Worried about how you will meet your ongoing daily life financial obligations? Thinking of applying for The Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefit?
If yes, then it is advisable that you hire an experienced disability advocate who can help and guide you through the process, increasing your application approval chances.
Getting the Canadian Pension Plan Disability application approved is not easy. We don’t say it, statistics do! Did you know that:
- Approximately 66 percent of Canadians with disabilities who apply for CPP and Disability Tax Credits fail to get their applications approved?
- And that the CPP disability benefits insurance program has 1 of the highest rejection rates among all the nations of the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co operation & Development)?
Top Reasons behind the High Rejection Rate of CPP Disability Benefits Application
Though there are several reasons why CPP disability benefit applications often get rejected but the top reasons include the following:
1. Insufficient paperwork
2. Failure to provide proper employability and medical related information
3. Vague and generic answers
4. Incomplete information about the disability case
5. Failure to include the specific information that is essential and required by Service Canada
How to Increase Your Chances of Getting Your CPP Disability Benefits Application Approved?
For high chances of application approval, here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure that you answer all questions, accurately and comprehensively. Giving vague and short answers won’t help. Remember, only those applications are sent to the Disability Operations Divisions (DOD) for evaluation that are completed accurately.
- Get the doctor’s support before you apply. If your application is not supported by your medical expert and if he/she doesn’t support your decision of not working because of your disability, then your application might get rejected. So, make sure that your doctor supports your request.
- Apply for CPP disability benefits as soon as you learn about your long-term disability. If you delay, your application may be rejected or you may have to settle for a lesser amount than you actually deserve.
- Hire a disability advocate to make the process of filing smooth, simple and stress-free. Application filing can be a long and tedious process which can take weeks to complete. However, by hiring a disability advocate, you can make sure that your application is completed successfully in a timely manner.
Besides this, a disability advocate also knows the language and keywords that the Canadian government is seeking for in applications. And so, with a disability advocate, you can be confident that they will use the right language and keywords, increasing your chances of application approval.
Additionally, the advocate can guide you and provide you with step by step application filling and filing assistance. And even complete the application entirely on your behalf!
For more information on how a disability advocate can help you set on the road to financial stability and assist you with the CPP disability benefit application process, get in touch with us today!